Welcome to our post marathon blog

Jane, Ian, Brian and Theresa have completed (well all accept Ian who did not start due to injury) the Palma Marathon. All survived and are still running. This is our continuing thoughts. Milly has now started her own blog.

Tuesday 27 April 2010

Back to Scotland

Janie here:
Well you have already heard about this disasterous run on Saturday. After Theresa spectacularly fell down the rabbit hole she decided to hobble home and I thought I would carry on as it was such a lovely day but not do 12 miles. Decided to to a hilly shorter route which felt ok but after running along the flat coast of Nice for a week felt very hard. Had to walk up the hill back to Theresa's and also legs very tired but added my miles up for the week and had done 35 miles (no wonder I was a bit tired!). Have rested for a couple of days Milly and I did 8 miles this afternoon nice gentle run through the woods of Pencaitland with only one hill to negotiate. Felt great. Milly does not seem to have been slowed down by not running for two weeks in fact was having to stop and wait for too often! Planning a short run tomorrow and the same 8 miles on Thursday and Friday and then a long run at the weekend in Dalbeattie Forest. Sore knee better too - just hope I don't fall over again as Theresa and I seem to be jinxed at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment