Welcome to our post marathon blog

Jane, Ian, Brian and Theresa have completed (well all accept Ian who did not start due to injury) the Palma Marathon. All survived and are still running. This is our continuing thoughts. Milly has now started her own blog.

Sunday 23 January 2011

What a nerve

Well, over 3 weeks after the back went, it finally seems to be nearly fixed. Self diagnosis? - sacroiliac joint. It subsequently moved into a bout of sciatica but that is manageable with a few strategic stretches as and when required.

I do concede that participating in the Paxton X country whilst in the throes of this pain was not the cleverest idea in the box, and I am sure it would have subsided a bit earlier, had I resisted the temptation to skite about on ice and snow for 4 miles. But there you go. I was rewarded for my stubbornness by a slow time, but on the bright side, I've opened my Borders X Country 'account'.

It is the Berwick leg today, and I am looking forward to it. Feeling a bit fitter, although even short stuff at the moment is leaving my legs a little tired, simply due to lack of training......

No comments:

Post a Comment