Welcome to our post marathon blog

Jane, Ian, Brian and Theresa have completed (well all accept Ian who did not start due to injury) the Palma Marathon. All survived and are still running. This is our continuing thoughts. Milly has now started her own blog.

Monday 14 June 2010

Training Weekend @ Kippford

All four of us went to Kippford this weekend. The weather was very kind to us encouraging lots of running. Jane and Theresa ran 14 miles in Dalbeattie forest on Saturday which went well and was very enjoyable. Ian and Brian did 10 miles at Ian's pace (!) also. On Sunday we all did the Mabie Forest 10k Trail Race. Ian did very well and came third overall and 1st Vet so was very pleased. Brian was in the top (30 I think???) and Jane and Theresa were just over the hour. It was a great route but we (Jane and Theresa) found it very hard after our long run the day before and considered pulling out after the first mile! We persevered and managed to finish but with very tired legs. My mileage for last week was just under 40 miles and am now very tired and am not sure I can sustain this. Also am putting weight on the more I run which is totally depressing but is according to various websites very common in women?? If anyone has any thoughts on this let me know (and I know that eating less is the obvious one - but don't think I am really overeating). Today is a rest day thank goodness and I have had to hide Ian's shoes in order that he has a "rest Day" which appears to be an alien concept to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment