Welcome to our post marathon blog

Jane, Ian, Brian and Theresa have completed (well all accept Ian who did not start due to injury) the Palma Marathon. All survived and are still running. This is our continuing thoughts. Milly has now started her own blog.

Monday 16 August 2010

A better week...

I've managed to get off my backside this week and get about 50 miles under the belt.......mixed enough to be interesting but I still need to consider doing fewer but longer runs. The two longer runs were 13 or so, the second one being the Haddington Half Marathon on Saturday which took place in the hot and sultry conditions we have become accustomed to with this race. I was very pleased with the outcome, though, I thought I would not have a hope in hell of bettering my PB from Loch Leven in May of 1:36, but I surprised myself with a time of 1:33.

This week is quite a busy one, I had hoped to have a 9 mile lunchtime session done today, but forgot to pack that rather important racing apparel - a pair of shorts. So it will have to be tomorrow lunchtime. Then we have the Carfraemill - Gifford 11 mile run (I am told it is not a race) organised by HELP and to which an invitation to Dunbar RC is extended annually. Thursday evening is the final East Lothian summer series followed by a Bar B Q so my options for a proper long run are confined to the coming weekend.

The girls obviously had a good run approaching 20 miles on Saturday despite Theresa falling into some bushes and losing her bottle.......

No comments:

Post a Comment