Welcome to our post marathon blog

Jane, Ian, Brian and Theresa have completed (well all accept Ian who did not start due to injury) the Palma Marathon. All survived and are still running. This is our continuing thoughts. Milly has now started her own blog.

Tuesday 21 September 2010

Jane here:
Theresa and I did our "very long run" on Saturday. I had a really good run and felt strong all the way apart from getting cramp in my left leg at about 18 miles. Ran from our house inPencaitland, down to Longniddry, along the railway line to Haddington along the path by the river and along to Hailes Castle, down to East Linton then along the old A1 to Belhaven where Theresa had parked the car. It was a great route a few small hills but nothing too challenging but the long straight from East Linton to Dunbar seemed to go on forever. Feel alot more confident about the race now. Theresa had had two bad nights sleep during the week and a bit of a dodgy tummy on Saturday morning and did not enjoy the run but I'll let her write about her take on the run. She will be fine!! my family say that I say that about everything and I do seem to say "It'll be fine" about every possible scenario. But am sure Theresa will be!!! Since Saturday however I have fallen to pieces a bit as left leg very sore and quite sore to run. Have done a four miler on Monday and 3 and a bit tonight and am just off for a sports massage to try and loosen things up a bit. Am also very very tired. ALL THE TIME!!!! and hungry....

No comments:

Post a Comment