Welcome to our post marathon blog

Jane, Ian, Brian and Theresa have completed (well all accept Ian who did not start due to injury) the Palma Marathon. All survived and are still running. This is our continuing thoughts. Milly has now started her own blog.

Sunday 23 May 2010

Edinburgh Half - Jane

Was very nervous before the start, needed the loo about a zillion times but the weather was overcast and raining so looked promising. Had a slow start (for once) but then did three quick miles before I ran to a portaloo as needed the loo again (must get over these nerves) then settled down into a comfortable pace another two quick miles around 7/8 miles then back to a reasonable pace. Felt comfortable all the way round but seemed miles after passing the Racecourse to the turning point. Great having people, especially, ian cheering everyone on - really makes a difference. Managed to run under two hours which I never thought I would do so am fairly pleased with myself (ian says I am going on - but am not really and as Theresa reminded me he had alot of air time over his elite marathon time!!). Feel alot more confident about the marathon and my running capabilites which is a good thing as was feeling as though I wasn't getting anywhere. So have learnt today that I can run faster than I thought; still hate gel bars and need to find smaller ones as I need them and cooler weather suits me better. Going to have more wine now...

No comments:

Post a Comment