Welcome to our post marathon blog

Jane, Ian, Brian and Theresa have completed (well all accept Ian who did not start due to injury) the Palma Marathon. All survived and are still running. This is our continuing thoughts. Milly has now started her own blog.

Sunday 9 May 2010

This is my second blog entry. With 21 weeks to go I've started my marathon training. Following the calf injury I picked up whilst on holiday I managed to get through a week of no running. This last week has gone really well. I started with an easy 5 miles off road run in the forest of Dalbeatie and came through that with no after effect. With my confidence boosted I ran an easy 4 miles on the treadmill Tuesday lunchtime followed by a hard fast run with Stuart at the Club in the evening. We set off at a steady pace a picked it up in the last 3 miles. A good 9 mles at 6.40 pace was just what I needed. On Wednsday I ran 5 mles at lunch and 6 miles in the evening. Thursday saw a 4 mile treadmill run at lunch time with the Club monhly 5 k time trial in the evening. I had a handicap of 17.45 and managed 17.31 which whilst not my best time was still pretty good. On Friday I decided to do my long run as the weekend was going o be very busy. I ran 14 miles at 7.4 pace. This is the longest run I've managed for some time and kept the pace steady at 7.04. Unforunately I felt a it of a twinge in my right achillies which is an old injury I've previously suffered from. I iced the sore bit and had a rest day on Saturday. Today I ran an easy off road 5 mles in 40 minutes and iced the achillies which doesn't feel any worse. So fingers crossed things should be ok. This is my first full week of marthon training. The core sessions on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday evenings went very well and I just hope to be able to maintain this pattern of training.

No comments:

Post a Comment