Welcome to our post marathon blog

Jane, Ian, Brian and Theresa have completed (well all accept Ian who did not start due to injury) the Palma Marathon. All survived and are still running. This is our continuing thoughts. Milly has now started her own blog.

Sunday 16 May 2010

Ian's Blog No 2

Update from Ian

Another good weeks training. Five easy miles on Monday then on Tuesday, which is one of my core days, I ran an easy treadmill 4 miles at lunch time and a long hard 10 mile run up Doon Hill with Richard and Stuart from the Club in the evening. On Wednesday I had a busy day at work so only managed to run in the evening but did a good 8 miles off road. Four easy miles at lunchtime on Thursday was followed by a hard track session in the evening. One mile warm up then 4 x 600 then 8 x 300. I again did my long run on Friday evening. 13.17 miles at 6.40 pace was a hard but very satisfying. The week was finished off with an easy 5 miles on Sunday. So a 50+ mile week sets me up nicely for the Edinburgh Half next Sunday which Jane and I have managed to get an entry for.

No comments:

Post a Comment